This is for Sisyphus - I can rattle this off from memory because it's the easiest frickin' recipe EVER! And it's insanely quick...I got a bunch of cheap pint jars at a crafts store (99 cents each), threw 2 cups of these almonds in and tied a ribbon around it - Insta-gift!
Cinnamon-Sugar Roasted Almonds
4 cups raw, un-messed with almonds
1 egg white
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup sugar
1 tbsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
1) Preheat oven to 250 degrees; line a jellyroll pan or big cookie sheet with parchment paper (you could also grease the pan lightly - but parchment paper rocks and it's worth getting a roll, I think).
2) Lightly beat the egg white; add the vanilla and beat until frothy, but not stiff (you can do this with a fork in 30 seconds).
3) Add all the almonds and mix them in the egg white until they're coated (1 egg white does actually coat 4 cups of almonds!)
4) Mix sugar, cinnamon, and salt together; add them to the coated almonds and mix until they're coated.
5) Spread the almonds evenly in the pan.
6) Cook for 1 hour, stirring a bit at 20 minute intervals (just to make sure they bake evenly and they don't all stick together).
7) Let them cool completely and store in an air-tight container!