Friday, April 27, 2007

Friday Recipe Blogging - Finally!

I am finally back on track with Friday Recipe Blogging - though I'm still buried under a slightly less dense pile of grading (I told Hilaire that I've been like a little grotto salamander who fears the light) my nose is twitching at the air because the neighborhood barbeques are beginning to fire up. Nothing like the promise of charcoal and a pitcher of pina coladas (yes, I drink them - the fluffier the better!) to make these exams fly by!

Something tells me that I might have blogged this recipe ages ago, but I've been longing for a good hamburger and these totally rock my world. So, if it's a repeat for some of you, my apologies, and if you haven't seen it, then it's new to you (just like those summer ER re-runs)!

Medieval Woman Burgers
- 1 to 1.5 lbs. ground beef
- 2 tbsps finely shredded onion
- 2 tbsps finely shredded green pepper (I use the mini-food processor for these)
- 1 garlic clove mashed
- 2 tbsps. finely chopped parsley (I use dried)
- season with a bit of salt, pepper, paprika and a bit of crushed thyme

1. Mix all this stuff together with the meat in a bowl - make sure the onion and green pepper are really finely shredded or the patties might fall apart easily.
2. Make into patties and grill the suckers!

Quick Tip: When you make the patties for the grill, make a dent with your finger along the top of the patty - that way, when the patties expand during cooking, they'll still be pretty flat rather than spherical.

No comments: