First off, Paris Hilton needs to hie her skinny ass back to jail.
Now that's been said, I'm blogging a recipe that isn't exactly Tuscan, but it's a wonderful dessert we had while we were in Tuscany. One of our friends made this for us one night and I don't know the name, but I'm calling it:
Broiled Amaretto Peaches
- 1 bag of crunchy ginger snaps
- fresh summer peaches (however many you want)
- 1/2 cup of Amaretto Di Saronno liqueur
- vanilla ice cream
1. Crush some ginger snaps in a Ziploc bag with a rolling pin or meat hammer.
2. Peel the peaches and cut them in half.
3. Mix the ginger snap crumbs in a bowl with the amaretto until they become crumbly (add the amaretto slowly - you might not need to use all of it!)
4. Spoon the ginger snap mixture into the peach halves. Shouldn't be over-flowing, but should cover the top of the peach.
5. Put them in a pan under the broiler for a few minutes (until the mixture becomes bubbly and crunchy).
6. Serve hot with vanilla ice cream.
This was rich, but really good!