After my previous "blah" post, I decided to look back over my vacation posts to reclaim a bit of my lost zen tranquility. And I realized that I never told you guys what all we bought while we were there...many many lovelies...
1. Our friend WL got me a poster of one of the beautiful medieval stuccos in the town of San Gimignano - she and her boyfriend visited there while the Dutchman and I spent a day by the pool.
2. I got a lovely big 2008 calendar of medieval Italian manuscript images.
3. In Paris, TD bought me a nice pair of black flats - can't have too many.
4. Also in Paris, I went on a shopping spree and bought a black, slightly flouncy peasant shirt and a lighter weight, knee-length black dress coat.
5. Also in Paris, I dragged the Dutchman into the most Euro-chic men's shop I could find and made him try on these fabulous tailored (and, funnily, Italian) shirts. I bought him two and he looks quite gorgeous in them.
6. Cheesy fridge magnets.
7. THE BEST THING: While we were walking in Florence, known for its lovely leather stores, we ducked down this funky old street on our way to the Duomo and I saw this store. I stopped dead in my tracks and went and pressed my face up against the glass and made little mewling noises. There was this sensational bright leafy green purse in the window that had to be mine. So, TD bought it for me and now we're both square on birthday and anniversary gifts for the next year or so.
Here's a picture of my little beauty:
It is happy in its new home. Hopefully the crazy amount of cat hair on our bedspread hasn't shown up in this picture...
The past year, I've begun a fetish with bright green accessories. This is my second green purse (the other is suede - more casual); I have a green wallet; I have fun kelly green loafers (which I suddenly want to wear).
Furball #2, however, seems to believe that the purse was a gift for her...