Friday, October 5, 2007

Friday Update...

Yup. I'm in my office at 6:30 on a Friday night. And I'm getting ready to go get a lot of books from the library. So pathetic. I'm going to try to get kick-started on this article again.

However, when it rains it pours apparently! Today I found out that yet another awesome neighboring university (in fact, the third in the holy triumverate) is hiring in TD's field! So, we'll try to get the Admin. here to work a little more magic. Also, *my* uni is hiring in a tangential field that TD could easily go into (applied basket weaving rather than theoretical basket weaving). Even though this department here wouldn't be his first choice (the other 3 are much better in his field), it's still yet another option to put on the pile.

I'm going to begin my walk of shame to the library and hope that I don't see any students. Wait a minute, why am I even worried!

Update:

I have returned - with my perpetual academic curvature of the spine a tad worse than before (it's the carrying 20 books in a bag on my right shoulder). No students in sight. But I have a truly delightful office - really comfy. I should do more work here, I think. All I need is one more cheap lamp to go in that corner on top of the file cabinet...

1 comment:

highlyeccentric said...

students? on a friday?

nothing to worry about...