"There are never enough hours in the days of a queen, but her nights have too many."
This is exactly how I feel (that and the fact that I happen to be wearing my gold lame pantsuit at the moment). I need to schedule a billion meetings and lunches, etc. but there aren't enough hours to do it. However, at home in the evenings, it seems like I have tons of time and nothing to fill it up. Now, there's always stuff to fill it up, like writing that book I've been meaning to get to before tenure time! But...well, you know what I mean. I will not allow this post to become another moan about long-distance marriages. So, to break that pattern, I'll give you the rest of my busy unbusiness in the tried and true bullet format! Here goes...
- I have finally found the perfect setting for Toaster Strudels. Level 4 on our toaster with the defrost option. Alert the media.
- I finished what I consider to be a damn good draft of my grant proposal yesterday. I'll give it to a colleague on Wednesday.
- I bought new sheets and a gigantic bag of sour gummy worms the other day.
- In keeping with this new theme of eating poorly while the Dutchman is away, the other night I made stuffing for dinner. No chicken, no veggies, just stuffing. My thighs still haven't forgiven me for this...
- I leave to go visit TD on Thursday afternoon - joy!
- After that, it will be a month before we see each other again.
- I have been surreptitiously looking for houses for us to buy in the area. Then I remember that whole saying about the cart before the horse...d'oh!
- I need to find a way to blog about work and the department without blogging too much or innappropriately!
That's about all the news that's fit to print! Hope all is well with ya'll!