1) Mountain Escape was wonderful - we ate awesome food (risotto with gorgonzola and radicchio!) and shopped 'til we dropped (literally: I stumbled several times under the weight of my bags).
2) Sappy bullet point: TD and I love being together. It's so lovely to be walking along and turn and see him walking there, too. And now for the really sappy moment: I was reminded often this past few days of that Journey song that goes:
"Being apart ain't easy on this love affair.
Two strangers learn to fall in love again.
I get the joy of rediscovering you...
Oh [TD], you stand by me.
I'm forever yours...faithfully!"
You should fill in the soulful guitar at the appropriate moments.
3) We must go out for another shopping excursion today, then it will all be done. Ho, Ho, Ho.
4) I need to finish writing this damned article! I've got one last section to add in (I found some helpful articles that will provide a good counterpoint to my argument. But I have to write that tidbit up and pop it in there. And then write a conclusion.
5) When TD is here, he cleans out the catbox for me.
6) I did not get the summer grant I applied for, but I need to write up 2-3 more little grant apps within the next few weeks.
7) And I need to write up my first graduate syllabus. Whee!
8) But now I need to eat breakfast. At noon.