Sunday, December 9, 2007

Technical Tidbit....

I just witnessed the death of my beloved DVD player. It happened right in front of me - there was nothing I could do.

This was the first electronic thing TD ever bought me - in Christmas 2003, I wanted the newly-released Back to the Future trilogy for Christmas. TD wrapped the DVD version and claimed when I opened it that they'd accidentally sent him the DVDs rather than the VHS version. My last present that year was a new DVD player!

So, we must find a new one and we were looking at those new Blue Ray and/or HD DVD players, but those f*ckers are $1000! Forget it. Does anyone have any experience with the regular old DVD/VHS combo players? We still have plenty of VHS tapes, but I'd love to retire our old VHS players.

Thank god the pay-per-view is still working...

No comments: