Monday, July 9, 2007

Heat....

....too hot....too humid.....can't think straight....can't blog...(*gasp!*)

It's so frickin' hot and humid here right now - around 90 degrees and SO moist and sticky! It's like breathing through a wet sponge.

The cats are draped on the furniture like limp egg noodles. I'm carting a fan into each room I'm in.

It rained a bit a while ago and that only made it worse. Not a breathe of air, nothing!

(whine, whine, whine.....pant, pant!)

************************************************************************

Update (9:36PM):

The heat index at Chez Medieval Woman is now at "DEFCON Four: Fry an Egg on the Counter" - I just put an ice cube in the Furballs' water bowl to try to perk them up (much like you would a flaccid fern). I brushed my teeth and look down one and a half minutes later and the cube was GONE! This could have been the work of the little apartment gnomes who live in the walls, but I'm doubting it...

4 comments:

Alison said...

You are such a word wizard! The only thing that helps me when it's that hot is taking a cold shower and getting my hair wet.

medieval woman said...

ooo! A cold shower sounds nice right now. Maybe even a cold bath!!

Hmmmm...yep. That's the ticket...

Hilaire said...

I feel your pain, sister. It is like that here. There are thunderstorms on the horizon, though - I hope they are headed your way, too. I remember that Flavia gave me a great recommendation when I was dying from the heat last summer...put your feet in a basin of cold water for a few minutes. It worked wonders!

Sisyphus said...

Ew, bleah! Besides a cold bath or cold footbath, you can wrap a cold washcloth around your neck, or put the bowl of cold water directly in front of the fan (cheap jerry-rigged AC).

Or do what I do ---- tape all the frozen meals in your freezer to your body and then go for a walk.