Monday, May 25, 2009

In the pipe

Yep, I'm in the writing pipe at the moment - just cruising along (see wordmeter stage right) - I met with my writing guru/deadline facist and she put me on an ambitious, but do-able writing regimen for this summer. Seriously, she cracks the whip! But I'm going strong and it feels great to have a plan. At this rate, I'll have the book finished, revised, and sent out to the publisher by Sept. 1 - aaaaaaarrrrrrrgh!

My motivation is helped immeasurably by having someone at the other end of this saying, "gimme." Otherwise I might very well drag it into the fall semester. But, I can hand it off in Sept. and then do other things, like write an article and teach a lot of students....

Back to work!

5 comments:

Thoroughly Educated said...

Way to go!

Sisyphus said...

Yay, egg!

And even bigger yay on having a writing fascist who gets you working!

I forget --- do you have a book contract? Have you talked to publishers? Where are you in your stuffness?

Good Enough Woman said...

So great that you have both a plan and motivation!

Heo said...

Yay for you!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your writing--it sounds like a fantastic way to spend the summer!